“[T]he politically correct are above the rules of ordinary civility, once they have identified you as an unbeliever in their religion.”
Once again, Ann Coulter nails it:
“Do not allow Democrats anywhere near foreign policy. Not even to keep them away from domestic policy. It’s a mistake to ask those who don’t even like democracy to defend it.”
Part of Pournelle’s Condominium series, and more specifically part of the Falkenberg Legion series. An excellent read in the Military SciFi genre, and a damn good primer on low intensity conflicts as well.
SciFi Geek Bonus Points: The first mention of “Major Falkenberg” and the “Falkenberg Rifles” isn’t in a book by Mr. Pournelle. Geek points for identifying which Military Sci-Fi book does.
Filed under: American History, Politics, When democrats attack
John McCain’s 2008 running mate was the target of some of the most vicious character assassination attempts in modern political history. After an exceptional track record as a local official, mayor, and then governor, Palin was tarred as “inexperienced” and “stupid”, though her resume far surpassed that of the Democrat presidential candidate. Post-election, a series of 18 frivolous lawsuits, most launched by Democrat political operatives, threatened to bankrupt her and her family. She resigned the governorship and began raising money for Tea Party-backed conservative candidates in 2010, arguably becoming the primary rainmaker in the historic GOP landslide. Palin’s charismatic appeal, plain-spoken American values and love of country make her a favorite for conservatives and a huge target for Democrats and legacy media, who appear terrified by her amazing popularity.
What will drive the moonbats crazy is that is factual and spot on accurate on both Gov. Palin’s record and the left’s viscous personal attacks against her and her family.
“The Right believes in creating wealth, the Left believes in grabbing it.”
A popcorn worthy action flick in the cop buddy genre from 1989. Sly Stallone and Kurt Russell star as Ray Tango and Gabe Cash. Billed as the two top cops in LA, one works uptown, the other downtown. Bad guy Jack Palance frames them to get them out his hair and in prision where he can then have them killed by all the criminals they put there. Bonus star: Teri Hatcher as Tango’s sister Kiki. Geek points for having Michael J. Pollard and Clint Howard in the movie.
Ok, it’s pretty damn clear by now that one of the reason why democrats are so eager to vote for any tax increase that comes across their desk is that have no intention of ever paying it.
Case in point, democrat Senator from Missouri, Clair McCaskill. She just “forgot” to pay $287,000 in property taxes on her very own private jet.
Wait! It gets even better! McCaskill signed on in February as a co-sponsor of Senate legislation that would fire federal employees if they are “seriously delinquent” in paying their own federal taxes…
Yup, by her own rules, democrat Senator McCaskill should be fired.
Wait yet again! There is still more! What was McCaskill’s job from 1999 to 2007? She was the state auditor for Missouri!
So let’s review. We have a current Senator and former state auditor calling for the firing of federal employees who are “seriously delinquent” in paying their federal taxes who just “forgot” to pay $287,000 in property taxes on her personal private jet.
What is no surprise is that Senator McCaskill is a democrat.
Excellent Snark here in this reply to a blog post about our Dear Leader‘s “foreign adventures”:
What I like about Obama
Obviously, the biggest problem with Bush was sending the military into an Arab Muslim country that hadn’t even attacked us. Among the several things that made that offensive were
* the rush to war – it was only several months after the possibility of military involvement was raised that combat operations began
* lack of United Nations sanction – only 17 relevant resolutions were ever passed before they were enforced
* lack of Congressional oversight – the President authorized the use of military force based on the flimsy pretext of a bill passed by Congress titled “Authorization of the Use of Military Force”, rather than seeking a document that had the words “declaration of war” in it; that’s every bit as bad as getting no Congressional approval at all
* obvious financial motives – clearly no one approved of the murderous dictator or sought a normal working relationship with him besides the French; at the same time, one couldn’t help but be suspicious of the fact that the population we were ostensibly protecting was located conveniently near the oil fields
* stretching our military – we were overburdened as it was, and our brave military despite its courage lacked the resources for yet another operation
* inflating our military – the only way to keep the bloodthirsty Pentagon beast fed was to give it the hordes of jobless young men who had no prospects in an economy that saw unemployment skyrocket above 4% in most states
* ignoring our generals – the decision to go to war was made by political hacks who had never worn a uniform
* inflaming the Arab Street – despite some touchy-feely talk about Islam, it was impossible for the Muslim world not to notice how the President made repeated, insistent proclamations of his Christianity, how he only ever used the military against Muslim targets, and how at the time the war started he’d kept the concentration camp at Guantanamo open for over a year
* wasting money – it was completely irresponsible to commit the military to an expensive mission when the President’s fiscal mismanagement had resulted in a budget deficit of over $150 billion in 2002
But anyway, what I really like about Obama is that he’s gone 29-3 in his bracket picks over the first two days. You have to spend a lot of time watching college basketball to be that good.
This must that “new civility” the leftists have been talking about…
Extra bonus democrat corruption outside Wisconsin:
Two Democratic Party leaders in Michigan face nine felony counts for trying to fix an election. The real news here is that they are actually facing charges, given that election fraud is reliable method of collecting democrat votes.
Update 2: Death Threats by the Dozens in Wisconsin. What is it with so called “liberals” and death threats against anybody who dares to disagree with them? Why is the left so afraid of an open debate of ideas? The next question is just how stupid these death threat making liberals really are. Perhaps the answer lies with this idiot, who posts death threats from his twitter account.
Today we celebrate “Eat a Tasty Animal Day“!
Eat tasty animal flesh at least once today, preferably at every meal.
Doing so shows your support for actual science, which clearly shows that Homo Sapiens evolved as an omnivore.
If you don’t eat meat, you are denying Science!
If one of those smelly hippy vegetarians objects to your eating the tasty flesh of animals, as science says we should, accuse them of being “evolution deniers” and being “anti-science.”