Happy Pi Day to all you math nerds out there!
Keep in mind that in two years, Pi Day will be even cooler!
Going back to 2005 for another Mary Elizabeth Winstead flick. Sky High is the nickname for a floating high school where the children of superheros, super villains and their respective sidekicks to learn the trade of their parents. It’s a fun, light hearted flick that combines teen angst and super powers. It has a good cast which includes B-Movie SuperStar Bruce Campbell, Dave Foley, Lynda Carter, and Kevin Heffernan as Ron Wilson, Sky High Bus Driver. Oh ya, Kurt Russell is in it too. He plays the father of the protagonist, the uber-superhero of the era. Which provides a whole new level of angst to his son, who has to try to live up to his parent’s reputation as the top of the superhero food chain.
National Lampoon is back in the spoofing biz. In this one they take on Troy, The 300, Gladiator and a bit of Braveheart thrown in for flavor. They go for the cheap gag line every chance they get, which is what makes this spoof awesome! Plus they cracked open the piggy bank for the budget and sprang for topless actresses. So there is plenty of scantly clad, bare breasted, hot young blonde women in the film. This isn’t a beer and pretzels movie, it’s a six pack and ribs movie. They had fun making this movie, and you should relax and enjoy watching it.
Next Wednesday is Halloween, so we’re going with the classics:
“The thing we adore about these dog-whistle kerfuffles is that the people who react to the whistle always assume it’s intended for somebody else. The whole point of the metaphor is that if you can hear the whistle, you’re the dog.”
Double feature today! Both Derek Flint movies staring James Coburn. Coburn was an icon of cool back in the mid 60s (these movies came out in 1966 & 1967). He was also a personal student of Bruce Lee. Watch his fight scenes carefully in these films. These were the Austin Powers movies of their day. They were the best of the spy spoof genre spawned by the popular James Bond films.
Doug Ross put together this handy translation guide because of the large number of jobs leaving California and relocating to Texas.
|Arsenal of Weapons||Gun Collection|
|Undocumented Worker||Illegal Alien|
|Cruelty-Free Materials||Synthetic Fiber|
|Assault and Battery||Attitude Adjustment|
|Taxes or Your Fair Share||Coerced Theft|
|Commonsense Gun Control||Gun Confiscation Plot|
|Illegal Hazardous Explosives||Fireworks for Stump Removal|
|Nonviable Tissue Mass||Unborn Baby|
|Equal Access to Opportunity||Socialism|
|Multicultural Community||High Crime Area|
|Fairness or Social Progress||Marxism|
|Upper Class or “The Rich “||Self-Employed|
|Progressive, Change||Big Government Scheme|
|Homeless or Disadvantaged||Bums or Welfare Leeches|
|Sniper Rifle||Scoped Deer Rifle|
|Investment For the Future||Higher Taxes|
|Healthcare Reform||Socialized Medicine|
|Extremist, Judgmental, or Hater||Conservative|
|Victim or Oppressed||Criminal or Lazy Good-For-Nothing|
|High Capacity Magazine||Standard Capacity Magazine|
|Reintroduced Wolves||Sheep and Deer Killers|
|Fair Trade Coffee||Overpriced Yuppie Coffee|
|Exploiters or “The Rich “||Employed or Land Owner|
|The Gun Lobby||NRA Members|
|Assault Weapon||Semi-Auto (Grandpa’s M1 Carbine)|
|Fiscal Stimulus||New Taxes and Higher Taxes|
|Mandated Eco-Friendly Lighting||Chinese Mercury-Laden Light Bulbs|
From our cousins down under (i.e. the Australians) comes this delightfully campy WWII Spy Spoof “Danger 5.”
Episode 1: The Diamond Girls
1. Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians.
2. It’s always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
3. Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.
4. Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms length.
5. Never say, “I’ve got a gun.” If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.
6. The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes; the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
7. The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win – cheat if necessary.
8. Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . . . You may get killed with your own gun, but he’ll have to beat you to death with it, because it’ll be empty.
9. If you’re in a gunfight:
- If you’re not shooting, you should be loading.
- If you’re not loading, you should be moving.
- If you’re not moving, you’re dead.
10. In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!
11. If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?
12. You can say ‘stop’ or ‘alto’ or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone’s head is pretty much a universal language.
13. You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.
HT to David Giles
Filed under: Humor, Monday Book Pick, Our Dear Leader, Political Books, Politics
Obama Sutra – An Illustrated Guide To 57 States of Ecstasy by Stilton Jarlsberg
This book is fornicating histerical! A humorous look at all the problems, screw ups, coverups and flat out incompetance of our Dear Leader explained in terms of doing the nasty!
If you don’t get one of the ‘positions’, don’t worry, at that end of the book he gives the details behind each one.